Thursday, August 19, 2010

Batangus Grill - a haven for free spirits

Anyone out there who wants to have a good steak at a fairly reasonable price? Visit Batangus Grill which is located at Metropolitan Avenue corner Chino Roces [formerly Pasong Tamo], Makati City. Batangus Grill prides itself with 100% tender and luscious beef that is individually selected and marinated. Treat yourself to this very rare beef experience. The grill is owned by Butch Wassmer and managed by Mr. Jojo Rasco.

Yesterday, August 18, 2010, I had my first rare experience with Batangus Grill steak. The place is very cozy and affords you a sensual viewing of MTV concerts. The restaurant has two big flat screens installed on the wall.

I do not claim any competence in rating the food and ambiance of a restaurant. But at least, I know a good restaurant from an awful one. Before I forget, one of the most important things that I always take into consideration in gauging the over-all rating of a restaurant is the restroom. I know a decent comfort room from one that s…..ks. Insofar as restrooms are concerned, Batangus Grill passes the test.

Let’s go to the quality of the food vis-à-vis the price. The steak I ordered was all beef, tender, delicious and very comparable to the other high priced steaks in fancy restaurants. What was amazing, though, was the mushroom sauce that goes with the steak. Aside from the steak, the restaurant’s menu offers a wide-range of Filipino foods at relatively reasonable prices. One more thing, and this will really catch the attention of the occasional drinkers: the restaurant offers very cold beer which comes from sub-zero temperature. Ika nga, pag nilagay ang beer sa harapan mo, huwag mong pipitikin ang bote, kasi unti-unting mag-yeyelo ang nasa loob ng bote! If that is not cold enough, I do not know what is!

To all runners and to everyone else out there, come visit this place.
To my right is Jojo Rasco, the hands-on manager.

No comments:

Post a Comment